Free and open source
Five new texture maps to 3ds Max
Noise, Wood, Tile, Distortion and Gradient
17.04.2012 - Version 3.03 (Max 2013 support)
3D wood map that allows you to make all kinds of different wood patterns.
The patterns are truly 3-dimensional so you don't need any mapping coordinates.
More information about Wood
3D noise map that offers you all well-known noise patterns such as Perlin, Worley and Simplex.
Support for large number of fractal options such as fBm and Turbulence.
With distortion and mapping all parameters from Size to Fractal Levels you get infinite number of different patterns.
More information about Noise
The only 2D map of the group offers all common brick patterns and their variations.
Advanced UVW mapping options allows you to map bitmaps into tiles.
Rounding and smoothing corners ensures that the map works perfectly in bump mapping and displacement.
More information about Tile
Combines features of 3ds Max's own Gradient Ramp, Falloff and Particle Age maps and expands them even further.
Allows you easily to control color variation between objects and particles.
Fully animatable and Maxscriptable gradient that is lightning fast to render.
More information about Gradient
Allows you to distort any and all 3ds Max's texture maps with other maps.
This feature is also integrated in all of my other maps to distort only their pattern and not any submaps they may be using.
More information about Distortion
These maps allow you to do nearly everything you've ever imagined to do with prodecural textures.
For more detailed descriptions and instructions for each map you can check the Help section
Copy the correct file into your 3dsmax plugins folder (for example: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2008\plugins). After this you can find the maps in your material editor just like every other 3ds max map.
Error when launching 3ds Max
If you get error while starting max once you've copied the correct version (32/64) of the file into your plugins folder you need to instal Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package, its a small file and doesn't require VS2005 or anything.
Download 32/64 bit MS VC++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package from here.
Included in the download above.
Click here to see help section.
Click here to view how the maps look in material editor.
Scanline, finalRender, VRay and Brazil. mental ray is NOT supported, it would take me too much time to do the conversion. Maps are open source so if somebody really really wants the maps on mental ray, they can be ported by anybody.
17.04.2012 - 3.03
- Max 2013 support, conversion to Unicode
- Included MultiTexture (http://www.cg-source.com/multitexture.php
05.11.2010 - 3.01
- Fixed Tile map requiring manual update to show up correctly after loading scene (fixes Distributed Rendering problems too I hope)
- Added version tag to coordinate rollout so you can check which version you are currently running
06.06.2010 - 3.0
- Major chances that make the maps uncompatible with older 2.0 version maps
- See all changes in the "release_notes.txt" file that is included in the download
16.04.2009 - 2.0b Released (Max 2010 version)
- The Gradient reseting fix is NOT included in Max 2010 2.0b version
12.01.2009 - 2.0b Released (Max 9, 2008 and 2009 versions)
- Fixed curve in Noise and Gradient, it failed to save with scene
- Fixed reseting gradient, which left current key selected although it might have been removed.
11.01.2009 - 2.0 Released (Max 9, 2008 and 2009 versions)
- Redesigned the Gradient map
- BerconNoise: Fixed bug that disabled Perlin (Old) noise.
- BerconNoise, Tile, Wood: Fixed incorrect subanim names
- BerconTile: Fixed bug with distortion
25.12.2008 - 1.2 Released (Max 9, 2008 and 2009 versions)
- Added Gradient map
- Optimized Noise, Wood and Tile to make them slightly faster
- Fixed crash with Noise and Wood in Max 2009 when jumping between two maps of same type
31.10.2008 - 1.1d Released (Max 9, 2008 and 2009 versions)
- Fixed Tile map, it didn't work as expected as bumpmap
25.07.2008 - 1.1c Released (Max 9, 2008 and 2009 versions)
- Fixed bug with map names not saved properly
- Added "Linear" wood type
08.07.2008 - 1.1b Released (Max 9, 2008 and 2009 versions)
07.07.2008 - 1.1b Released (Max 9, 2008 and 2009 versions)
- Enabled "Show Map in Viewport" button
07.07.2008 - 1.1 Released (Max 8 version)
06.07.2008 - 1.1 Released (Max 9, 2008 and 2009 versions)
- Added Stack Bond style to Tile
- Added fBm Turbulence fractal type to Noise
- Removed 0.0 - 1.0 limit from low and high treshold in Noise
- Limited Skew parameter correctly in Wood
- Fixed Tab Order (When you switch fields with tab)
- Fixed Tile bug with tile map when its used as bumpmap
- Fixed bug in Fractal fractal type in Noise
- Fixed typo in Tile
- Fixed disabling maps with Color variation style in Tile
21.04.2008 - Max 2009 version released
06.02.2008 - Max 8 version released
03.02.2008 - 1.0 Released
- Ken Perlin (Perlin/Simplex noise)
- Stefan Gustavson (C++ implementation of Perlin and Simplex noises)
- Steven Worley (Worley noise and C implementation of it)
- Blender team (Blender noise/cellnoise/fractals)
- John Burnett (Distortions max shadecontext implementation)
- David Baker (Compiled Max 8 version of the plugin and edited source codes for Max 8)
- Vladislav Gavrilov (Helped with integrating my custom gradient control into Max)
- Thomas Suurland (Paid for development of MultiTexture and allowed it to be added to this package)